TS4 Coat Converter
This is a very simple tool that finds and extracts painted pet coats from the .householdbinary files created in your Tray folder when you save a family in CAS to your library. The coat image is saved as a .png with full transparency and can be used as the texture for a CAS Part so the coat can be easily used and shared.
To find an image, navigate to your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray folder and select a .householdbinary file. The tool will search for images and display them. If it finds more than one you can scroll through them.
When making a CAS Part, you have a few choices.
- Clone the 'nude' body. Set the proper flags (check 'Show in CAS UI' and 'Show in InfoPanel', uncheck the 'Enable for Nude' options). Adding the FullBody tag will make it show in a clothing category - Costume value for outfits, Suits for tops, and Short Dresses for dresses.
- Clone a collar or hat and remove the mesh.
- Clone the Shoes (paws) and set the flags as above for the nude body. This will show up in the unfiltered clothing category and can be combined with other clothing/accessories.
Clone the ears or tail, but this will restrict you to one ear or tail shape.
Extract the .exe file and run it. Please report any problems!
First Uploaded: 6 December, 2018
Last Updated: 13 December, 2019
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Download either the MSI Installer, or the EXE-Only version and follow the instructions on the description page to install and use.