The Crescent (1922)
The first of my Sims 4 Sears House Collection is The Crescent!
Lot size: 20x30
Lot price: 51,104
The Crescent is a welcoming five-room house with one bathroom and a partial basement. The front door leads into a spacious living room, and moving clockwise will take you to a bright dining room. An arch in the dining room leads to the kitchen, which has counters with a tiled back splash, a brand-new stove, and a deep sink. The icebox (refridgerator) is easily accessible on the back porch. Another arch leads to the side hall, off of which are two good-sized bedrooms and a modern bathroom. A set of stairs leads to the basement. Following the hallway to the front of the house will lead back to the living room. This circular plan ensures a time-saving flow for any busy homemaker!
Sears houses were sold as kits, and people would put their own touches on them over the years. This particular house, The Crescent, was one of the longer-running plans on offer. In the twelve years Sears sold it, it had several different designs. I went with my favorite, a single-story (with basement) plan from 1926. Sears would often draw furniture into their plans to help buyers visualize what the rooms could possibly hold, and I have furnished it using those suggestions. The landscaping is my own, including the patio out back, trees, and shrubs, as these weren't generally part of the plans.
Lot Size: 20x30
Lot Price (furnished): 51104
Houses by Mail by Katherine Cole Stevenson and H. Ward Jandl
First Uploaded: 29 August, 2018
Last Updated: 14 December, 2019
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. You MUST install Zerbu's mods in order, before installing this lot. It may not work otherwise, and I don't recommend deviating from these instructions.
- Install the Go to School mod to your mods folder. To do this, click on the mod link on Zerbu's page (as previously linked), open the .zip file. Select all the files and select "cut." Apparently, this is important! Go to your mods folder, and "paste" the cut files there.
- Install the Venue Changes mod to your mods folder, using the same download/cut/paste method.
Then, place the files from my lot .zip archive into your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray folder.
Start your game, and have lots of fun!
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Tray folder, just make one.