Simulation Lag Fix - Updated 8-24-18
This is an update to simmythesim's Simulation Lag Fix for the latest version.
As simmythesim's post description of what it does:
"This mod alters the game's simulation so that sim autonomy does not cause massive Simulation Lag in instances where there are many autonomy requests.
This should eliminate, or at the very least, alleviate, the following problems:
sims head bobbing, sims doing nothing for a few hours, time slowing down on Speed 3, and time going back to the past.
This seems rather basic, but here's a video showing a scientist experimenting in GTW without the mod...
here it is in game working as of 8-26-18:
Everything runs much more frequently now, preventing the "bobbing head" effect. I haven't experienced any time rolling-back since I made the mod!
This mod overrides the following python functions:
Unzip the mod files into your mods folder. Make sure script mods and custom content is enabled in your game!
simmythesim for the original mod.
First Uploaded: 25 September, 2018
Last Updated: 25 September, 2020
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.