Power Outages V1.2 update
Update September 2, 2018
- randomness to power outage timing
- Increased overall odds for a power outage to occur.
- removed hidden objects from buy mode
- minor fixes to notifications
What it Does
By default, during thunderstorms lightning can strike sims, objects, and terrain. When it strikes terrain on the lot there is a 70% chance lightning will create some kind of collectable.
This mod adds a new hidden object to this list that will shut down the power on the lot anywhere from 3 hours to 24 hours in a normal curve. Most likley times are between 6 and 12 hours.
While the power is out, sims will receive moodlets reflective of their personality traits.
Power will not go out during every storm. Overall, each bolt that strikes an outdoor part of a lot will have around a 1 in 6 chance of causing a power outage (or an 5 in 6 chance of creating a collectable as usual). Smaller lots with little yards are less likley to get hit than larger lots. I'll be play-testing to see if this chance is too frequent. Let me know how you feel in the comments!
Most sims will flip between being stressed, neutral, or bored while the power is out.
Geek sims will become really bored and find their fun meter is hard to keep up.
Outdoor Sims will get happy, because it's just like camping!
Romantic sims will get a little flirty in the candlelight.
Gloomy sims will love the darkness and feel a bit inspired.
Sims with the carefree trait won't react at all.
Sims that leave the lot will lose their moodlets.
Included is a new social interaction, "complain about power outage"
The way this works relies on things called broadcasters, but for whatever reason they only work on one floor level.
If your sims live in a multi-story house some of behavior may be off. Basically, it only works on the 1st floor.
For example, if sims are all sleeping upstairs and lightning strikes to cause a power outage, the power won't actually go out until a sim comes downstairs.
I'll be working with ways to get around this problem for a future update.
This mod overrides
It will conflict with any mod that makes changes to lightning.
First Uploaded: 3 October, 2018
Last Updated: 16 January, 2020
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.