NOSEDIVE - (Black Mirror Season 3 Episode 1, Lacie Pound's house)
Hi! Ok, I love making houses from TV shows and today I was rewatching one of my favourites episodes of Black Mirror and I remembered that I had some tiny lots empty so I made this house.
If you don't remember which episode was NOSEDIVE I'll give you some little plot details so you can remember it (me and my friends like to call it 'the instagram episode') : The episode is set in a world where people can rate each other from one to five stars for every interaction they have, and which can impact their socioeconomic status. Lacie (Bryce Dallas Howard) is a young woman overly obsessed with her ratings; she finds an opportunity to elevate her ratings greatly and move into a more luxurious residence after being chosen by her popular childhood friend (Alice Eve) as the maid of honour for her wedding. Her obsession leads to several mishaps on her journey to the wedding that culminate in a rapid reduction in her ratings.
I tried to replicate the house very closely and added some new rooms (we see the doors on the episode but not the rooms, but we know they exist because of the plot and what they do in the episode), the bed 'on the second floor/loft' is not accessible, the ladder is decoration, I know I know, the description says 2 bedrooms, there are 2 bedrooms in real life but not in-game, I didn't want to put 1 bedroom because that bed is his bedroom in the episode, but if you're going to play with this house, I advise moving in just 1 sim or just turn the 'painting room' into another bedroom.
ACTIVATE CHEATS BEFORE PLACING THE LOT, PLEASE: BB.MOVEOBJECTS ON AND TESTINGCHEATS ON
Custom content to get the house just like the pictures:
by Pyszny Design
Desk, chair & little table
by MXIMS IKEA
Lot traits: Natural light, Homey, Private dwelling
Lot Size: 20x15
Lot Price (furnished): 50,286 (cc is cheap in-game)
Lot Price (unfurnished): 45,440
First Uploaded: 7 December, 2018
Last Updated: 13 October, 2019
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. You MUST install Zerbu's mods in order, before installing this lot. It may not work otherwise, and I don't recommend deviating from these instructions.
- Install the Go to School mod to your mods folder. To do this, click on the mod link on Zerbu's page (as previously linked), open the .zip file. Select all the files and select "cut." Apparently, this is important! Go to your mods folder, and "paste" the cut files there.
- Install the Venue Changes mod to your mods folder, using the same download/cut/paste method.
Then, place the files from my lot .zip archive into your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Tray folder.
Start your game, and have lots of fun!
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Tray folder, just make one.