No More House Fires
13 Nov 2018. Updated for V1.47(PC) - Get Famous Pre-Release Game Patch.
This tuning Mod prevents the random fires that occur due to in-game activities. Intentional (safe) fires are unaffected. Residential Lots, Granite Falls Rental Lots and the Selvadorada Rental Lots are all made safe from damaging House Fires.
Many normal sim activities can cause a damaging fire to happen that can kill sims and burn down the Lot. Simple everyday activities like using incense burners or sitting round a Campfire can result in fires that badly disrupt gameplay. Even having kids using the science table can cause fires. For some, the excitement and risk of a damaging fire is a fine addition to the game. I don't like this aspect of the game.
Using this mod will totally prevent the random housefires from occurring. You can even light fireworks inside the house without causing a fire; they will explode and blacken your sim but there will be no housefire.
Now you can do all the normal sort of stuff without the risk of a fire breaking out. Have a nice cosy fire in the fireplace without upgrading it, use incense burners to your hearts content, stop worrying about the tumble drier catching fire etc etc. Best of all, you can have a family get together round a camp fire near your rented tent without being disrupted by the furniture catching fire.
Fires are prevented on:
- Residential Lots of all Worlds
- Rental Lots of the Granite Falls Destination World
- Rental Lots of the Selvadorada Destination World
The Mod is compatible with game version V1.46.
This is a list of xml files altered by the mod. Any other mod that alters the xml file will conflict with this mod.
No DLC packs are required but, obviously, if you don't have Outdoor Retreat or Jungle Adventure then you won't get the worlds through this mod. The mod will still work though.
Special thanks to the modder Coolspear who found this method for preventing House Fires a long time ago. Coolspear has used the technique is some of his mods.
Sims 4 Studio
First Uploaded: 14 December, 2018
Last Updated: 24 September, 2020
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.