Festival Speakers Unlocked (With Unique Music!)
Have you ever noticed that the music playing during festivals can't be found in any of the game's stations? It comes from special speakers that only spawn there, and each of them has a few flavor tracks (not enough to make them into a fully fledged stations, that's why they're not available for player use).
I haven't found any other mod that unlocked them (or any acknowledgement of their existence anywhere online, really), and I thought it was a real shame that we got several asian-themed tracks, among others, that we couldn't use for ourselves. (I mean you could play the J-rock station in a traditional asian-styled lot if you want, but uhh.... yeah)
The 5 speakers play different music according to the theme of the festival, which are:
- Romance Festival - Relaxing Asian Music
- Humor and Hijinks Festival - Fighting-type Asian Music
- Geekcon - Powerful Synth-type Music
- Spice Festival - Blues
- Flea Market - Blues... again (there's a difference in mood I guess, but I don't know how to describe it)
By Maxis design their volume is a bit lower in comparison to the other stereos, most likely not to overwhelm the player with music in festivals, so I recommend placing more than one close to each other (if you don't want to fill up your wall with them just make them smaller with the scaling hotkey and place them inside another object with the moveobjects cheat :D)
They're available in the Electronics>Audio section of Buy Mode and they all cost 50§
I've overridden the original objects and added thumbnails + separate descriptions to differentiate them, since they all use the same model just with a different color.
I've used the ObjectCatalog entries for each speaker, plus their respective string files and thumbnail files.
Made with Sims4Studio
First Uploaded: 19 August, 2018
Last Updated: 29 May, 2020
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.