Fan Rotation Fix and Recat
This is a little fix for a little niggle that a few other players have spotted as well. If the animated ceiling fan that came with the August 16th patch were to exist in the real world it would be rotating the wrong way based on the angle of the blades. Instead of pushing the breeze towards anyone sitting below, it would be pulling the air up toward the ceiling. This file alters the fan to spin in the other direction. It also moves it from Misc. Decorations to Misc. Electronics because the Misc. Decorations section is cluttered enough as it is already.
This file overrides the model shader info to alter the speed setting from -3.5 to 3.5 making it spin at the same speed but in the other (correct for cooling) direction.
It also removes it from the Misc. Decorations section of the Build/Buy catalogue and instead places it in the Misc. Electronics section which, to me, makes much more sense. The gurus doing the live stream showing off the new content even looked for it in Electronics to begin with.
This override is best for players who do not own Seasons as it is purely decorative. If you would like a functional version that works with Seasons they you should check out the version by TheSimmer40 here> https://thesimmer40.tumblr.com/day/2018/08/20/
If you use the eyedropper tool on the fan to get another, the game still goes to misc. Decorations instead of Electronics for some reason. I couldn't get that to change.
This mod overrides the following resources and will conflict with any other mod that may also do so;
Model LOD FF98C97601C5CF1E
Object Catalogue 000000000003156E
Object Catalogue 000000000003156F
Object Catalogue 0000000000031560
Object Catalogue 0000000000031561
Object Catalogue 0000000000031562
Object Catalogue 0000000000031563
Sims 4 Studio.
First Uploaded: 17 September, 2018
Last Updated: 23 January, 2020
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.