CandyD's Underweight Teens Fix - Natural Metabolism Part 1/3 (Patch 184.108.40.2060 compatible)
The original version of this mod was created by CandyD, who has been inactive for a while. I really enjoyed this mod, but it broke with the Seasons patch. So I just updated the mod to work with Patch 220.127.116.110.
- Checked compatibility with Patch 18.104.22.1680. No update needed!
!!! The following text was copied from CandyD'S original mod post !!!
This mod solves the issue related to teenage sims' weight, that causes them to lose too much weight sometimes to the point of being severely underweight.
How does the game behave by default ?
In the Sims 4, teenagers have their own metabolism : it has been set so that they'll gain only half as much weight as any older sim. This was intended to give teenage sims a higher metabolism and to prevent them from being overweight. Unfortunately, the way teenagers' metabolism works can sometimes cause them to become skinny to the point of being underweight.
What does this mod change to the game's behavior ?
Teenage sims' metabolism has been "fixed" to function exactly the same way as adult sims' metabolism. The mod will prevent them from being skinnier than adults. In return, teenage sims have now the same risk of being overweight as adult sims. The issue can be avoided with having the two other parts of the Natural Metabolism mod installed.
How do I install this mod ?
Unzip it. Place the package in your Mods folder. Start the Sims 4 and enable custom content and mods in Game options - Other. Apply changes, quit and restart the Sims 4, and enjoy !
This mod can work alone. However, if you experience other weight and / or muscle issues with sims of all ages, or wish to control your sims' metabolism with more precision, I recommend to download and install the two other parts of the Natural Metabolism mod, for best results.
This XML tuning will conflict with other XML tuning mods using the following resources :
CandyD for the original mod
TS4 XML Compare
First Uploaded: 4 October, 2018
Last Updated: 22 February, 2020
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
3. Cut and paste the file(s) into your Mods folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Need more information?
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
- If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.